Eight Important Passages from Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview

You may be familiar with Triumph of the Nerds: The Rise of Accidental Empires. It was a PBS doccumentary in which Robert Cringely's interview with Steve Jobs yielded the now infamous quote about Microsoft's "third rate products". The full vhs tape from which those excerpts were plucked had gone missing for over a decade. It has now has been found and released in its entirety. (And it's currently streaming on Netflix.)

I combed through Jobs' discussion of why and how things came to be, and grabbed the eight most compelling statements by the late tech innovator. (Please keep in mind that this was taped in 1995, a year prior to his triumphant return to Apple.)

8. "I don't really care about being right, I just care about success. You'll find a lot of people that will tell you I had a very strong opinion, and they presented evidence to the contrary and five minutes later I changed my mind. I don't mind being wrong, and I'll admit that I'm wrong a lot. It doesn't really matter to me too much. What matters to me is that we do the right thing."

~~~~

Read the rest at Paste Magazine

Comments